Growing Community from the Ground Up
At urban gardens and farms, people come together . . .
. . . to grow and share food, tell stories, and exchange knowledge. Growing Community from the Ground Up is a celebration of this rich experience through video storytelling.
Storytellers of all ages are invited . . .
. . . ...tell their personal tales about growing food in a backyard garden, participating in a community garden, an urban farm, or other kinds of community food projects.
Kids and young adults are especially encouraged to submit videos. The best video camera is the one that you already have—the one that you find on your Smart Phone or the one that you borrow from your neighbor.
We encourage film submissions that . . .
- Document the rich fabric of people’s experience in community gardens and urban agriculture.
- Celebrate the sense of possibility that community gardens and innovative new food projects have brought to people’s lives from past to present.
- Inspire current and new gardeners to share their experiences.
- Empower community gardeners and urban farmers to communicate about their stories.
- Invite connection with community gardeners from around the country.
Selected participants will have their videos screened at the ACGA 2013 Conference in Seattle.
Selected participants will have their videos screened at the ACGA 2013 Conference
in Seattle, WA.
View example videos »