Call for Proposals
Guidelines for Submission
Submissions are due by 5:00pm Pacific Standard Time, March 15, 2013.
Applicants will be notified by April 15.
Panels and Workshops
Sessions will be 75 minutes long.
The ACGA program committee evaluates proposals on five criteria:
- Overall quality
- Relevance to community gardening
- Clarity of focus
- Degree of potential audience engagement
- Practical applicability
Highest priority will be given to engaging, hands-on, interactive, experiential, panel and team presentations and participant-inclusive discussions.
Guidelines for Proposals
In order to submit your session proposal, please email the Panel/Workshop Proposal Submission Form to SeattleACGA2013@gmail.com. The numbered sections below explain in more detail the information needed for a complete submission. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
- Primary Contact:
Name, Title, Organization, Mailing Address, Phone, and Email
Name, Title, Organization, and Email
- Biographical Sketch:
Include a brief biographical sketch for each author—75 words maximum
- Audio Visual Needs:
Let us know what equipment you require (e.g., LCD projector, slide projector, Flip chart stand, TV/DVD, etc.)
Choose a theme that best fits your proposal (see Workshop Themes below)
- Session Title:
Choose a concise title for your session
- Distribution of $100 Conference Discount for Workshops:
- The descriptions, summaries, and biographical sketches may be edited for inclusion in the conference brochure.
- All presenters are expected to register for the conference.
- A conference registration discount of $100.00 per session will be applied to the registration of session presenters.
- Please specify how you want the $100.00 discount split if your session includes multiple presenters.
- You may also opt to redirect your discount to the ACGA as a tax-deductible donation. Compensation will not be available for vendors, films, or poster displays.
- Session Overview for the conference brochure—50 words maximum
- Proposal Narrative:
Describe your session, including main points and goals, key learning objectives, and interactive elements of the session (see Evaluation of Proposals).
Limit your narrative to 300 words. Incomplete applications or applications not adhering to word count limitations may be rejected.